Today’s post is from Tony Serino regarding TeleCARMA. TeleCARMA is a structure of the Channel in which partners and vendors work together to bring their best to the program. It focuses on partnership and teamwork among all parties.
I want to be clear that I am not being compensated in anyway for this post. I chose to feature this as I find it refreshing and exciting that people are experimenting with the Channel. Rethinking how it operates on a fundamental level.
I cannot say I have seen TeleCARMA in practice, nor can I say if it works once implemented. I can however, say that Tony has created something worth taking a look at. – Rob
“Opportunities for network service providers and the channel abound. As the economy strengthens, both “vendors and agents” … together … must find ways to identify, reach, qualify, and convince end customers that “their combined telecommunications solution” provides a compelling reason to switch carriers.
But what constitutes an equitable relationship among network service providers and the channel? How can they, together, conduct joint business development campaigns? How can they, together, combine the “best attributes of each business” and present and deliver it in such a way that:
* Control of corporate messaging and resource deployment is maintained?
* Accountability of responsibilities is defined, agreed upon, and assigned to the people and companies involved?
* Return On Investment (ROI) data is captured and calculated to allow objective assessment of the results?
* Motivation is and remains the driving force of the vendor/agent relationship based on all the people involved understanding the plan and their role within it.
* Acceleration of the new opportunity pipeline and resolution to the end customers’ issues is achieved?
Well, it’s not something that anyone can just dream up by sitting in an office somewhere. You have had to been on the front line … you need a first-hand understanding of the issues of at least three separate business entities; vendor, agent, and end customer
I believe that I have seen the solution. It’s been developed by people who have been on both sides of the matter … agent and vendor. People with experience developing strategies and executing tactics for telecommunications companies AND agent businesses … experience creating, managing, and evolving relationships at, with, and for network service providers.
These same people have extensive experience with the end customer telecom decision makers and business executives who recommend and purchase technology to make their businesses strong and able … experience helping those people at those end customers resolve their business problems or capitalize on their market opportunity.
This business development system is called Channel CARMA and there is a dedicated aspect of Channel CARMA called TeleCARMA.
If you are in need of revenue-generating business development services … and you work in a vendor-channel ecosystem … check out this topic more fully here
The creators of this service say that Channel CARMA not only drives sales and measurement … but is also a path to happiness. They define happiness as:
* Revenue exceeding budget
* A pipeline full of leads hot and warm leads
* Intellectual database assets owned by their clients
* Closer relationships among the telecom vendors and telecom agents
* Objective measurement of ROI
* Motivated people working for a common purpose
* A prosperous present … a bright future …and a clear path leading to success
Again, you can read more here” – Tony Serino
Image credit - Teamwork DuneChaser Flickr